How to prepare for COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements | 2021-09-30

How to prepare for COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements | 2021-09-30

    30 Sep 2021

By December 8, 2021, all federal government contractors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. According to the guidance, contractors are required to obtain documentation on every employee’s vaccination status. Meanwhile, private sector employers with 100 or more employees will more than likely be required to uphold the same standard.  Even prior to recent mandates, essential

Breakthrough COVID Infections: How Long Are Vaccinated People Contagious?

Breakthrough COVID Infections: How Long Are Vaccinated People Contagious?

    30 Sep 2021

There has been a lot of confusion about breakthrough COVID-19 infections recently — what it means to test positive after being fully vaccinated, what the risk for developing “long COVID” is and how vaccinated people can spread the coronavirus. The truth is that scientists are still learning about post-vaccination infections and are still digging for

Long Covid is a bigger problem than we thought

    30 Sep 2021

A large study has revealed that one in three Covid-19 survivors have suffered symptoms three to six months after getting infected, with breathing problems, abdominal symptoms such as abdominal pain, change of bowel habit and diarrhoea, fatigue, pain, anxiety and depression among the most common issues reported. Researchers at the University of Oxford, the National Institute for Health

United Airlines lays off hundreds of workers for refusing to get vaccinated

United Airlines lays off hundreds of workers for refusing to get vaccinated

    30 Sep 2021

Photo (c) Roman Tiraspolsky – Getty Images In the push-come-to-shove over vaccination mandates, United Airlines did what it said it would do. On Tuesday, it laid its unvaccinated workers off. All told, 600 employees were affected — about 1% of United’s workforce. The other 99% provided proof of vaccination prior to a Monday deadline. The

What’s the relationship between physical activity and fitness?

What’s the relationship between physical activity and fitness?

    29 Sep 2021

Intense workouts can improve a person’s fitness more, compared to milder forms of exercise like walking 10,000 steps a day, according to a report. The study focused on approximately 2,000 participants. Matthew Nayor, head of the report by Boston University School of Medicine explains their findings. Working out with more intensity than, say, walking 10,000

AirTags can be weaponized by injecting code; Apple confirms

AirTags can be weaponized by injecting code; Apple confirms

    29 Sep 2021

A security researcher has shown that AirTags can be weaponized by injecting code into the phone number field before placing it into Lost mode and dropping it in strategic places. Apple has confirmed the finding. When someone finds the AirTag and scans it, they will be redirected to the website of the attacker’s choice, which

FTC Joins War Against “Dark Pattern” Tricksters

FTC Joins War Against “Dark Pattern” Tricksters

    29 Sep 2021

Understand and avoid “dark pattern” sales tactics: Internet Scambusters #977 You may not know it, but you likely encounter so-called “dark patterns” nearly every time you go online. They’re a whole stable-full of tricks that online sellers and others use to try to get you to spend more money or to create a maze of

WKS Restaurant Group deploys video-verified intrusion monitoring

WKS Restaurant Group deploys video-verified intrusion monitoring

    29 Sep 2021

WKS Restaurant Group deploys video-verified intrusion monitoring This website requires certain cookies to work and uses other cookies to help you have the best experience. By visiting this website, certain cookies have already been set, which you may delete and block. By closing this message or continuing to use our site, you agree to the

How Long Does Sleep Inertia Last? A Sleep Doctor Weighs In

    28 Sep 2021

Sure, you might be physically awake by the time you step out of bed in the morning or after an afternoon nap, but if you attempted to solve a math equation or explain a complex topic immediately post-snooze, your brain might say otherwise. That’s because waking up is less like a switch being flicked on,

Throat Cancer Pictures: Signs, Symptoms, and Causes

Throat Cancer Pictures: Signs, Symptoms, and Causes

    28 Sep 2021

Throat cancer is a subgroup of head and neck cancers. It typically refers to cancers that originate in the pharynx (the throat). The most common type of throat cancer is called squamous cell carcinoma (SCC). SCCs develop in the outermost layer of the skin or mucous membranes—the moist tissues that line body cavities such as